Friday, September 26, 2014

The roommate post


Whenever I'm in school, I'm living in a dormitary.
And in dorms, it's common for you to share a 'house' among people, or other students for that matter. Same goes to me, my living facilities is being shared among 4 people.

Initially when I freshly moved in (the first day), there was this one other kid in the house. This Vietnamese kid, but come nighttime, she would stay at her friend's place, and I'll be alone.
I know this because when I first stepped into the 'house' with my family, she was there with hers. My family being a tad bit social asked questions. So I know. She has a friend (senior) here, I assume she's living with her.
On my first night in this rural facility...I'm sure as hell that I'm not going to stay alone in this new environment. Luckily for me, I have a couple of Singaporean friends living on the same level.
Mind you, when I enter, the dorm is practically a ghost town because everyone is on summer vacation. (-.-)

So I spend a night at my friend's place, when deep inside I'm like damn you roommate. Haha who wouldn't, you have so much shit to do (unpack and clean) yet, you're scared to live there alone because it's new and strange, you've prepared yourself that yay you have a roommate, but when night comes she ain't there. So damn you girl.
This goes on, but comes the 2nd or 3rd day, I'm like screw this, I'm just going to live there alone. Because it's so tedious to carry my bedsheets and pillow to crash my friend's place. 
So, live by myself I did, for about 2 weeks or so? Until the short summer vacation starts, and there's 2 other roommates who came in and live with us.

My lonely days were horrid (food poisoning and being sickly), but other than that it's fine. It's not that scary as I thought it would be. 

Oh, during the span of my lonely days, the Vietnamese kid moved out, like seriously wtf.
I know this because her room became slate clean and her luggage ain't there anymore. -.- It's okay, I've been alone from the start and I don't even know her so whatever. Screw it.

Anyways,

The summer semester starts and I suddenly have a +2 new roommates! YAY!
They're Indonesians, and unlike my ex-roomy, they actually lived in the 'house'. So no more lonely days for me. Haha.

Although on some days towards the end of the summer vacation, I find myself alone in the room (what's with me and being alone man). But like I said, it's cool.
They came back. HAHA

They're nice and all, I'd like to say we got on pretty well because shortly after, I was invited to celebrate one of my roomy's birthday together with their clique. So I'm like wow thanks.
We did a planned birthday surprise for her during sahur, (it was Ramadhan for most part of the summer semester). That went well. 
I wasn't really awkward because they're nice. They speak in English to me (I don't know why), and Indonesian with one another (ain't awkward because I understand what they're talking about).
One of my roomy(the one who we held a surprise for) is really nice, she likes to engage in a conversation with me, so aww. Someone wnats to be my friend. ha

Here are some of the photos of the said birthday surprise.







I couldn't finish my slice of cake because there's lots of cream on it. And I have a strong dislike against creams. (FML)

I just can't bring myself to eat cream, like eww so disgusting.






Roommate 2 will come up soon enough.

0 comments.:

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com